Ultra-luxury conservation resort boasting majestic views of the Blue Mountains.
Multi-award winner, Emirates Wolgan Valley is an ultra-luxury conservation based resort in the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains region. Recognised as one of the finest hotels in the world, the resort is set over 7 acres of conservation reserve. It consists of 40 freestanding villas established around resort facilities, comprising a homestead building, pool, sauna, gym and day spa.
Timber is the predominant material in the architectural, structural and interior design. This material was used to connect the building with the natural surrounds whilst absorbing the prized heritage that dates back to 1832.
The resort amplifies sustainable design through the use of recycled materials being sourced direct from the site as well as, hydraulic independence, traditional vernacular elements, solar power and heat exchange technology.
Client: Emirates Hotels & Resorts
Architect: Turner & Associates
Sector: Hotels & Resorts
Services: Timber, Structural, Civil
- 2016 #1 Hotel in Australia in Trip Advisor’s 2016 Traveller’s Choice Awards
- 2011 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Award for Cultural Heritage Conservation
- 2010 AIB NSW Excellence Award – Commercial Constructions $100m
- 2010 MBA National Excellence Award – Best use of Timber
- 2010 MBA National Excellence Award – Hospitality Buildings over $50M
- 2010 MBA National Excellence Award – Commercial/Industrial Construction $50m-$100m
- 2010 MBA NSW Excellence Award – Outstanding Construction
- 2010 MBA National Commercial Master Builder of the Year
- 2010 PCA High Commendation for Innovation& Excellence – Heritage Adaptive Reuses
- Development of Excellence Award for Tourism