A redevelopment that elevates care and has expanded capacity in the region.
TTW undertook Structural and Civil Engineering works for the Peninsula Private Hospital ward, theatre, oncology, and car parking redevelopment project.
The redevelopment entailed the expansion and internal works within several areas of the facility to provide further capacity for existing service offerings to the last stage of expansion. This included a new theatre complex for patients to utilise, oncology at the northern end of the building, as well as the addition of further parking to the site.
The scope of works included:
- Increase of 60 medical and surgical beds, provided on Level 2 above the Waratah & Banksia wards
- Net increase of 4 oncology beds in the Acacia Ward, requiring the construction of an additional 12 beds to allow conversion of double rooms to single rooms and decommissioning of rooms for a future linking corridor
- Increase of 6 day oncology chairs to the existing Day Oncology Centre
- Additional 2 operating theatres with anaesthetics bays and associated refurbishment to CSSD, recovery and new staff change and kitchen facilities
- Refurbishment to the existing main kitchen to create additional space and increased capacity
- Expansion to the existing loading area to create additional space and increased capacity
- Additional level of car parking
- Continued structural capacity for a future ward and further levels of car parking on the superstructure at the south end of the site