The New Maitland Hospital will provide state-of-the-art facilities for local residents and the region
The New Maitland Hospital (NMH) development project is a public health-led $450m state-funded project with the following services proposed to be delivered through the new Hospital.
- Emergency services;
- Medical, surgical, paediatric and maternity services;
- Critical care services for adults and babies, including a special care nursery;
- Operating theatres, delivery suites, and assessment rooms;
- Palliative care and rehabilitation services;
- Mental health services;
- Satellite renal dialysis;
- A new chemotherapy service;
- Expanded oral health service;
- A range of ambulatory care and outpatient clinics.
The structure is an elongated “H” shaped above the clinical podium. Complex earthquake analysis was carried out to reduce the impact of earthquake loading.
A substantial civil works package was required to ensure site access, roads and parking and drainage from the site.
Client: Health Infrastructure
Services: Structural, Civil, Façade