The New Maitland Hospital will boast state-of-the-art facilities for local residents and the region
The New Maitland Hospital (NMH) Development project is to proceed as a public health-led approach with $450m of committed funding and the following services proposed to be delivered through the development on an old brickpit site.
- Emergency services;
- Medical, surgical, pediatric and maternity services;
- Critical care services for adults and babies, including a special care nursery;
- Operating theatres, delivery suites, and assessment rooms;
- Palliative care and rehabilitation services;
- Mental health services;
- Satellite renal dialysis;
- A new chemotherapy service;
- Expanded oral health service;
- A range of ambulatory care and outpatient clinics.
The structure is an elongated “H” shaped above the clinical podium. Complex earthquake analysis was carried out to reduce the impact of earthquake loading.
A substantial civil works package is also required to provide access and drainage to the site.
Client: Health Infrastructure
Services: Structural, Civil, Façade