Stage 3 is the final stage of the redevelopment dedicated to consolidating all acute clinical services into one building.
State-of-the-art infrastructure, facilities and services are the goal for the final stage of this modern redevelopment which includes a new 26 bed inpatient unit, with two palliative care beds, a four-bed maternity inpatient unit and two birthing suites to ensure the best care for local mums and bubs.
The project scope is to redevelop Muswellbrook Hospital in line with the current Clinical Services Plan (CSP) which also includes delivery of the following:
- Paediatric suite
- New IPU into the existing lower ground undercroft area and extension
- Maternity services
- 2 new operating rooms (one theatre and one procedure room)
- Relocated central sterilising service (CSSD)
- Staff zones
- 8 additional staff overnight rooms
- Outpatient and current CSSD unit into community health spaces.