The award-winning building is a testament to the school’s vision of providing state-of-the-art learning facilities for its students. Winner of the 2019 MBA award, The judges praised the building by saying ‘this project is a state-of-the-art building that has truly set the bar for all private school developments in the future as it has created a collaborative and interactive learning space for all.’
The building houses 21 high-end classrooms, eight new science laboratories with extra preparation areas, three seminar rooms, 10 meeting/tutorial rooms, eight designated collaboration spaces, three multipurpose studios, an IT genius bar, four staff rooms and an outdoor garden terrace on the third level.
This innovative building spans over five levels from the basement with key features, including:
- Off-form class 2 concrete finish to the entirety of building interior
- Concrete frame post-tensioned structure with tension cable façade screens and large cantilever glazed pop-outs
- Highly detailed and bespoke perforated aluminium screen façade
- Timber faced façade system
- Large format and highly inclined projected glass pop-outs
- Hanging steel frame study booths suspended over the central void
Our structural engineers carried out detailed analysis to engineering an internal steel frame hanging study booths suspending over the central void. TTW Façade team delivered a unique envelope built with inclined glass pop-outs and perforated aluminium screen on tension cables
Close collaboration with all stakeholders was key to the successful delivery of the unique school.
Client: Methodist Ladies College
Sector: School & Colleges
Services: Structural, Civil, Façade
- 2019 MBA Award Winner – Private Schools – $25m to $50m