The $341 million hospital campus will provide new/expanded clinical services for aged complex care and rehab, defence force centre of excellence and an integrated cancer care centre.
The proposed new Clinical Services Building (CSB), Multi-Storey Car Park (MSCP) and associated works form the first stage in the proposed broader redevelopment of the Concord Hospital precinct. Stage 1 structural works primarily comprise the following:
- A CSB building to the south-east of the current main hospital buildings, consisting of six-storey wings and three-storey wings connected by a support bar.
- At ground level a link via a three-storey atrium to the existing Multi-Block building with two overhead link bridges within the atrium allowing patient movements between the new CSB and existing Multi-Block building. This required a complex interaction with the existing heritage-listed building.
- Construction of a new five-storey multi-storey car park on the existing at the grade car park to the north of the main hospital building. This required a complex integration with the existing heritage-listed building.
- The associated interface works to the existing hospital buildings surrounding the stage 1 project including the Multi-Block building.
- A detailed civil works package to enable site clearance and access to the new facility.