Full refurbishment of the existing 1988 building
The successful completion of the Bank of China Stage 1 at 140 Sussex Street involved the full refurbishment of the existing 1988 building over 15 levels and 8000sqm. The project brief was to deliver a high-end workplace including but not limited to executive areas, static work points, collaborative areas, various interconnecting stairs, data centre, and commercial kitchens. The project involved significant structural modifications including the following notable features:
- Inter-connecting stairs
- Lift connecting the top two levels
- Removal of large sections of floor structure above ground floor lobby
- Extension of existing floor structures
- Floor strengthening for heavily loaded areas such as commercial kitchens, compactus, data centre, etc.
- External full height service riser
- Rooftop garden and function space including pergolas converted from an existing BMU track and building maintenance space
We are currently involved in the Stage 2 design development for four of the lower floors.
Client: Bank of China
Architect: Group GSA
Project Manager: Colliers International
Services: Structural, Façade