For the right candidate this is an amazing opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading professional engineering firms in an environment which encourages collaboration, communication, and innovation.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Undertake civil design on large projects autonomously and lead junior designers within the project team
- Manage design projects autonomously with engineering support
- Competently apply your understanding of construction methods and techniques.
- Competently liaise with engineers and external consultants on the preparation and coordination of documentation
- Competently convey civil design information into a format which can be interpreted by contractors
- Assist the Lead Engineer in the preparation of preliminary sketch designs from architectural/landscape drawings as required
- Act as the first point of contact on projects and answer queries from others within the project team
- Attend external meetings
- Provide training and assistance to junior designers including technical support of TTW Standards, Civil 3D/12D and other relevant software and authority design standards
- Actively input ideas to the progressive improvement of the CADD systems to the Drafting Systems Manager
- Understand, assess, and initiate suitable solutions to problems
- Communicate relevant project information to the project leaders and project team
- Effectively manage design workflow and resourcing to ensure work is completed within agreed deadlines, timeframes and resource allocation/budgets
- Review work of designer’s models to ensure compliance with relevant standards and Quality Assurance procedures
- Identification and communication of scope changes and variations to managers
- Identify staff underperformance and work with the team leader/drafting manager to help staff member to improve
- At least 8 years’ experience in drafting and design, 2 years local experience
- Strong understanding and competent user of AutoCAD, Vehicle Tracking swept path analysis and Civil3D and/or 12D
- Design skills including:
- Bulk Earthworks and Pavement boxing
- Surface grading to pavements and landscape
- Horizontal and vertical alignments for public roads including intersections and roundabouts to Austroads and/or State Standards
- Stormwater networks to AS3500 including design
- Carpark and loading dock geometry to AS2890
- Accessibility compliance with AS1428
- Strong understanding of relevant Authority and Australian Standards including Austroads and state road standards
- Ability to lead and supervise a team of Designers
- Ability to provide technical training and design support to junior designers and draftspersons
- Demonstrated project management skills to deliver on time, to standard,
Quality and client requirements
- Ability to competently liaise with the consultant team and contractors
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving Civil team, as well as attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have excellent attention to detail and be able to work autonomously, as well as being a proactive team player.
TTW employs over 350 staff across six offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for over 65 years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence. TTW’s vision is to forge strong relationships with our clients through the delivery of smart, innovative, and efficient engineering solutions.
Collaboration | Technical Excellence | A Personal Approach | Taking Initiative
One TTW is our ethos, which encapsulates all the experienced, innovative and creative people that makes us who we are. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a company that cares about YOU.
- Enjoy our modern office in a convenient location
- Real career development opportunities
- A flexible work environment including working from home
- Ongoing training and development including paid study assistance
- Company paid parental leave
- A robust social calendar
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
TTW does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.
Only applicants with full working rights will be considered for this role.
Please apply with your current resume & cover letter via the “apply” button.
Please note, TTW will never ask a candidate for any form of direct payment and all email correspondences from a TTW staff member will be sent from the official TTW domain i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please click this link to go through to our job portal.