The redevelopment will deliver a range of improved and expanded infrastructure and services to the growing Wyong community and surrounding areas
A major new extension to the Wyong Campus required a new site masterplan, looking at options for substantial new car parking, new clinical / ward buildings and services upgrades. Investigations were required into various site locations and road networks. Considerations include the distance of travel due to the spread-out site, mine subsidence requirements and transport interactions.
A revised location of the main works has now been adopted, to minimise impact of construction on the hospital functions, and will deliver:
- a new and expanded Emergency Department
- a new and expanded Medical Imaging Department
- a new and expanded Intensive Care Unit
- a new Psychiatric Emergency Care Centre
- a new Paediatric Unit
- a new and expanded Medical Assessment Unit
- additional inpatient beds with future expansion space
Additional parking in the building’s undercroftTTW were also structural/civil engineers for the major 2004 extensions and upgrade and designed the early works/car parking.
Client: Health Infrastructure
Services: Structural, Civil