A $50 million, 230-room hotel in the heart of Sydney’s CBD
This luxury hotel is currently under construction and taking over the airspace above the Clarence street entry to Wynyard Walk and Wynyard train station.
A distinctive building and a part of the Little National brand, it will feature lightweight composite steel frame with bondek slabs to enable 10 levels of hotels rooms, a reception level, gym, library and exclusive rooftop terrace bar.
For this busy CBD live environment many unique and innovative design and delivery processes are being utilised:
- A steel frame designed in parts for easy transport via shipping containers and simple install on site to assist with the site restrictions.
- A tower crane has been fixed to the roof of the existing structure to enable the site to operate with minimal impact on Clarence Street and the train station entry below.
- Cantilevering steel fire stair.
- Portal frame Green wall off the Eastern facade.
- Reticulation of services through custom steel beams to resolve tight floor to floor clearances.
- Custom fabricated sections utilised to minimise structural widths and enable desired architectural setout to be achieved.
- Rooftop to have custom architectural steel framing to the terrace lounge areas with concealed façade framing within the steel profiles.
Client: Doma Group
Architect: Bates Smart
Builder: Hutchinson Builders
Sector: Hotels & Resorts
Images © Bates Smart