Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /nas/content/live/ttwweb/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4861
Transforming an existing structure into a powerful landmark for the UoS
The Faculty of Law’s new school building represents the transformation of a key site to a powerful gateway to the campus of The University of Sydney. The design encompasses modernism, providing a functional learning facility complete with lecture theatres, library, retail, basement car park and integrated public domain.
The double-skin ventilated Façade with occupant controlled timber louvers, precinct storm water collection and a light tower all meet the key client requirements of sustainable innovation. There is an abundance of natural light giving the ambience of tranquillity and elegance to inspire the academic staff, administrators and students.
The interesting structural features of the building are the new bridge across the street to the park and the major skylight over the entrance.
Client: University of Sydney
Builder: Baulderstone (Lend Lease)
- 2009 AIA Milo Dunphy Award – Sustainable Architecture
- 2009 AIA High Commendation – Urban Design
- 2009 AIB NSW – Professional Excellence in Building
- 2009 AIB High Commendation
- 2009 Australian Timber Design – National – Best Use of Decorative Wood Veneers
- 2009 Australian Timber Design – National – Interior Fit-out
- 2009 Australian Timber Design NSW – Public or Commercial Buildings
- 2009 Australian Timber Design NSW – Interior Design
- 2009 BPN Sustainability Awards, Public Buildings – Highly Commended
- 2009 MBA NSW – Tertiary Buildings (Over $25M)
- 2009 RAIA NSW – Urban Design Commendation
- 2009 RAIA NSW – Public Architecture
- 2009 RAIA – NSW – Sustainable Architecture
- 2009 World Architecture News – Finalist, Educational Sector Awards