Located in Sydney's CBD new Innovation and Technology Precinct.
Located in Sydney’s new Innovation and Technology Precinct, Atlassian Sydney Headquarters will be a 40-storey building at approx. 180 metres tall and includes a youth hostel occupying the lower levels. To be completed by 2025 and attracting 25,000 workers, the new 40,000m2 world-first commercial tower is a groundbreaking global first.
The benchmark design of timber, with a glass and steel facade, includes a mix of outdoor and indoor spaces and reaches over 40 storeys high.
From a Civil perspective, we have designed and coordinated the project with new major storm water service connections , flood protection, and public domain coordination for current works and future development
The State Significant Development’s design has lateral stability, steel composite design, timber design and exoskeleton steel design. Being directly adjacent to platform one at Central Station, the development required approval from Transport for NSW (TfNSW). Expert in transport and infrastructure, TTW is the TfNSW Approved Engineering Organisation (AEO) for the project.
Unique design features include:
- 4 storey CLT timber buildings with multiple cantilevers
- Steel Exoskeleton with mega transfer to core
- Heritage lower levels that allow for reinstatement of the parcel shed
- Retention and excavation adjacent platform 1 central station
- Tunnelling underneath Devonshire pedestrian tunnel
- Building in a live environment including rail and pedestrian tunnels
TTW overcame many challenges, such as significant overturning moments due to gravity. This was avoided by repositioning the core, eliminating the need for ground anchors and pulling out significant concrete volume.
From a Façade point of view, some of the unique features this project will include are:
- Bespoke inclined curtain wall façade
- Ambitious targets for Sustainability, such as 50% less embodied carbon in construction compared to a conventional building. 50% less energy consumption than a new conventionally operated building. Plus, the fact that the building will operate on 100% renewable energy from day one.
- Solar panels in the vertical facades to generate green power on-site.
Architect: BVN & SHoP
Sector: Transport & Infrastructure, Commercial/Industrial
Services: Timber, Structural, Civil, Façade
- 2020 – Holcim Awards Bronze prize for Asia Pacific