We are currently looking for a Senior Structural Engineer with 5 to 10 years’ experience to join our Canberra based team. You should have hands-on experience designing and managing medium-sized building projects in the Australian market. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Essential skills that you will require for this role are:
- A University Degree in Civil Engineering specialising in Structures;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
- Good technical knowledge of Australian Standards
- Extensive experience using Space Gass, RAPT, ETABS and RAM Concept or similar programs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate well with senior management, consultants and clients;
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude; a problem solver;
- A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical and management skills, and
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
The role would suit someone who can come in and hit the ground running working within a motivated and busy team.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Produce structural design and manage documentation with limited supervision by senior staff;
- Manage a number of small to medium projects concurrently including junior staff supervision
- Liaise and coordinate with project managers, architects and other external consultants.
- Contribute to the management of the structural group in Canberra
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving structural team, as well as an attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail, whilst being a proactive team player focused on developing your career.
At TTW we employ over 275 staff across four offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for over sixty years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence.
ONE TTW is our ethos, which encapsulates all the experienced, smart and creative people that make us who we are. We are exceptional people delivering quality engineering solutions for a sustainable future.
- Technical excellence,
- Take initiative,
- Personal approach.
At TTW, we value our people. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, ongoing training and development, flexible work arrangements, and more, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a company that cares about YOU.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
Only applicants who are Australian citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this role.
Learn more about us here.