Senior Structural Engineer, Canberra
If you thrive on finding solutions to everyday challenges, are client focused and are keen to develop your career, then this role is for you!
For the right candidate this is an amazing opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading professional engineering firms in an environment which encourages collaboration, communication and innovation. This role provides an exciting and challenging opportunity to enjoy exposure to a number of iconic and award-winning projects in both the public and private sectors.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate professional engineer to join our Canberra team on a number of projects.
As part of a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team, you will use your technical expertise, building experience, creativity, and initiative to deliver smart, innovative and efficient engineering solutions to our clients.
Using your excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you will also proactively develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients to support our continually expanding consultancy.
We are currently looking for a Senior Structural Engineer with 5 to 8 years’ experience to join our Canberra based team. You should have hands on experience designing and managing medium sized projects in the Australian market. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Essential skills that you will require for this role are:
- A University Degree in Civil Engineering specialising in Structures;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
- Good technical knowledge of Australian Standards;
- Extensive experience using Space Gass, RAPT, ETABS and RAM Concept or similar programs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate well with senior management, consultants and clients;
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude; a problem solver;
- A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills, and
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
The role would suit someone who can come in and hit the ground running working within a motivated and busy team.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Produce structural design and manage documentation with limited supervision by senior staff;
- Manage a number of small to medium projects concurrently;
- Liaise and coordinate with project managers, architects and other external consultants;
- Contribute to the management of the structural group.
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving structural team, as well as attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail, whilst being a proactive team player focused on developing your career.
TTW employs over 250 staff across four offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and are celebrating 60 years as consulting engineers this year.
We deliver award-winning projects across Asia Pacific that pioneer engineering excellence. Our vision is to maintain strong relationships with clients, architects and builders through the delivery of smart, innovative and efficient engineering solutions.
Most importantly our success relies on the intelligence and creativity of our people and we support a culture that empowers our teams to deliver new, fresh ideas that build commercial growth.
We value our people. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, ongoing training and development, flexible work arrangements, and more, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally and progress in your career with a company that cares about YOU.
A comprehensive social calendar is place including drinks nights, BBQ’s and sporting team events. We also have a subsidised holiday accommodation rental available for you to enjoy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Only applicants who are Australian citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this role.
Please apply with your current résumé and cover letter via email to [email protected]