We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer with 4 to 10 years’ experience to join our Canberra based Civil team. You should have hands-on experience with the technical aspects of Urban Developments, Carpark Design, Earthworks, Storm water, and Authority Approvals. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of landmark urban projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Essential skills required for this role are:
- A University Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
- Be proficient in AutoCAD, Drains, and 12D or Civil 3D.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate well with senior management, authorities, and clients;
- A sound understanding of local ACT Standards and Australian standards
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude; a problem solver
- A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in Australia with Canberra Authorities and TCCS.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Produces designs, drawings, specifications, reports and other documentation to meet client requirements for projects with limited guidance from senior staff;
- Liaise and coordinates with clients, builders, developers, authorities, architects, engineers;
- Manage quality and produce documentation in accordance with company standards
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving Civil team, as well as an attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail and be able to work autonomously, as well as being a proactive team player.
TTW employs over 250 staff across four offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for sixty years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence. TTW’s vision is to forge strong relationships with our partners through the delivery of smart, innovative and efficient engineering solutions.
Most importantly our success relies on the intelligence and creativity of our people and we support a culture that empowers our teams to deliver new, fresh ideas that build commercial growth.
Taylor Thomson Whitting (TTW) is an Equal Opportunities Employer and are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across TTW. Only applicants who are Australian citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this role.