We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer with 5 to 10 years’ experience to join our Canberra based Civil team. You should have hands-on experience with the technical aspects of Urban Developments, Carpark Design, Earthworks, Stormwater, and Authority Approvals, as well as managing a small team of engineers and drafters delivering medium-sized projects. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of landmark urban projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Essential skills required for this role are:
- A University Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
- Be proficient in AutoCAD, Drains, and 12D or Civil 3D.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate well with senior management, authorities, and clients;
- A sound understanding of local ACT Standards and Australian standards
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude; a problem solver
- A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in Australia with Canberra Authorities, Services Providers and TCCS.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Management of small, medium and some large scale projects including pricing, tender submissions, technical documentation, project scheduling, deadlines and budgets
- Produces designs, drawings, specifications, reports and other documentation to meet client requirements for projects with limited guidance from senior staff;
- Liaise and coordinates with clients, builders, developers, authorities, architects, consultants;
- Manages civil engineers and drafters including planning allocation of resources (including staff), and checking of work
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving Civil team, as well as an attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail and be able to work autonomously, as well as being a proactive team player.
At TTW we employ over 275 staff across four offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for over sixty years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence.
ONE TTW is our ethos, which encapsulates all the experienced, smart and creative people that make us who we are. We are exceptional people delivering quality engineering solutions for a sustainable future.
- Technical excellence,
- Take initiative,
- Personal approach.
At TTW, we value our people. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, ongoing training and development, flexible work arrangements, and more, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a company that cares about YOU.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
Only applicants who are Australian citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this role.