Remedial Engineer, Sydney
Taylor Thomson Whitting is a wholly owned Australian company providing Consulting Engineering services within Australia and Asia and has been at the forefront of structural engineering technology since 1958. TTW’s offices provide clients with a wide range of specialised services in Structural, Civil, Façade and Traffic Engineering. Our philosophy of providing innovation and ingenuity, with a client orientated hands-on approach has not changed since the company’s inception.
We are currently seeking an experienced engineer to join the concrete repair team in Sydney. You will work on a variety of projects ranging from medium-scale projects to large multi-disciplinary projects.
With a minimum of 5+ years experience in the reporting, specification and inspection of concrete remedial works and engineering, you will play a key role to:
• Provide concrete assessment and repair engineering services to TTW functional group projects as required
• Undertake condition assessment and diagnostic testing on wide variety of structures including reinforced concrete, steel and timber structures and prepare condition assessment reports and repair specifications for the structures
• Develop and build upon group’s capability in condition assessment and remediation of existing structures
• Train and mentor less experienced team members
• Support the development and maintenance of key client relationships
• Ensure that durability projects are completed on time and on budget
• Ensure documentation, reporting and communication to appropriate quality
• Be part of multidisciplinary teams to deliver repair consultancy services
• Good communication skills both verbally and via email
• A strong work ethic and positive attitude
• A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills
• Ability to priorities tasks and manage time to ensure delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
• Good experience in the analysis and remediation of defective concrete
• Demonstrated ability to develop durability plans and reports for new projects
• Strong technical expertise in durability modelling and service life forecasting
• Demonstrated ability to develop materials specifications and to provide sound materials selection advice
• Demonstrated ability to undertake condition assessment of existing structures and to develop high quality inspection reports and repair specifications
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to market and develop client relationships
• Demonstrated ability to develop proposals and to contribute to winning new work
• Experience in using a wide range of repair products
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving structures team, as well as attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail and be able to work autonomously as well as being a proactive team player.
Taylor Thomson Whitting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only candidates with full working rights in Australia either Citizenship / Permanent Residency will be considered for this role. Please email current Résumé and Cover Letter to [email protected]