If you thrive on finding solutions to everyday challenges, are client focussed and are keen to develop your career, then this role is for you!
Due to up-coming and on-going projects, we have a Graduate Civil Engineer role in our Melbourne office. This position offers exposure to a number of landmark projects and excellent career progression opportunities.
This role provides an exciting and challenging opportunity to enjoy exposure to a number of iconic and award-winning projects in both the public and private sectors.
As a Civil Engineer, your role will be to provide technical expertise on a wide variety of public and private sector projects. This position offers exposure to a number of landmark projects and excellent career progression opportunities.
Who are you?
Ideally, you will be a degree qualified engineering professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an eye for detail and a passion for problem-solving.
You will have:
- An Australian tertiary engineering qualification;
- 0 or up to 2 years’ local experience in structural or civil engineering design;
- Must have full working rights in Australia i.e. Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Building related experience – commercial, residential, government, public buildings and retail;
- Knowledge and understanding of Australian regulatory requirements;
- A can-do attitude;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well with senior management, clients and relevant authorities and build rapport and relationships;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The ability to multi-task and work within a motivated and busy team;
- The initiative to self-start and take control;
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in Civil 3D, AutoCAD, MUSIC, DRAINs or similar programs (or the desire to learn!)
- Graduate membership with Engineers Australia
TTW employs over 250 staff across four offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for sixty years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence. TTW’s vision is to forge strong relationships in the property sector through the delivery of smart, innovative and efficient engineering solutions.
Most importantly our success relies on the intelligence and creativity of our people and we support a culture that empowers our teams to deliver new, fresh ideas that build commercial growth.
At TTW, we value our people. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, ongoing training and development, flexible work arrangements, and more, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally and progress in your career with a company that cares about YOU.
TTW also hosts a comprehensive social calendar – drinks nights, BBQs, team events – and has a subsidised holiday accommodation rental available for you to enjoy.
TTW is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Only applicants who are Australia citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this role.
What to include in your application?
– Resume (max 2 pages in word format or pdf)
– Latest academic transcript
– Cover letter answering (in no more than 500 words) each of the following questions.
- Why you are pursuing a career in civil engineer?
- Which is one of your favourite buildings in Melbourne and why?