Taylor Thomson Whitting is a wholly owned Australian company providing Consulting Engineering services within Australia and Asia and has been at the forefront of structural engineering technology since 1958. TTW’s six offices provide clients with a wide range of specialised services in Structural, Civil, Facade and Traffic Engineering. Our philosophy of providing innovation and ingenuity, with a client orientated hands-on approach has not changed since the company’s inception.
What we need from you:
We are currently looking for an experienced Façade Drafter/Detailer/Designer with a good understanding of CAD software to join our Sydney team. Your experience should include all facets of façade drafting, curtain walls, windows and doors, glass and metal structures.
Essential skills that you will require for this role are:
- Full working rights in Australia either Citizenship / Permanent Residency.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience in a Façade engineering office.
- Hands on experience with AutoCAD (Revit is desirable, but not essential).
- 3D modelling is desirable, but not essential.
- Good communication skills both verbally and via email.
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
- A sound understanding of online project collaboration programs.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Produce project Façade design details based on sketches or instructions from the Façade engineers.
- Liaise with engineers and architects on the preparation and coordination of documentation.
- Competently convey engineering information into drawing format which can be interpreted by builders.
- Communicate relevant project information as appropriate to project leaders/project team.
- Manage quality in Documentation.
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving Façade team, as well as an attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail and be able to work autonomously as well as being a proactive team player.
Taylor Thomson Whitting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only candidates with full working rights in Australia either Citizenship / Permanent Residency will be considered for this role.