Civil Engineer, Canberra
We are currently looking for a Civil Engineer with 1 to 3 years’ experience to join our Canberra based Civil team. You should have hands on experience preparing Road Design and Urban Developments in consultation with Icon Water, TCCS and EPSD, and have some experience with earthworks, storm water and traffic design. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Essential skills that you will require for this role are:
• A University Degree in Civil Engineering;
• Minimum 1 year experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
• Be proficient in AutoCAD and have a basic working knowledge of Drains, 12D or Civil 3D;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate well with senior management, authorities, and clients;
• An understanding of local government and Australian standards;
• A strong work ethic and positive attitude; a problem solver;
• A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills, and
• Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure delivery of multiple tasks simultaneously.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with Canberra Authorities and TCCS.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Produces documentation including drawings, specifications and reports to meet client requirements for projects under the guidance of senior staff;
• Manage quality and produce documentation in accordance with company standards, and
• Liaise and coordinate with authorities, architects, structural engineers and other external consultants.
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving Civil team, as well as attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail, whilst being a proactive team player focused on developing your career.
Please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be ideal for this role to: [email protected]
TTW is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Only applicants who are Australian citizens / permanent residents will be considered for this role.