Civil Engineer, Canberra
Taylor Thomson Whitting is a wholly owned Australian company providing Consulting Engineering services within Australia and Asia and has been at the forefront of engineering technology since 1958. Our philosophy of providing innovation and ingenuity, with a client orientated hands-on approach that has not changed since the company’s inception.
What we need from you:
We are currently looking for an experienced Civil Engineer with 3 to 5 years’ experience to join our Canberra based Civil team. You should have hands on experience with the technical aspects of Road Design, Urban Developments, Masterplans, Earthworks, Storm water and Authority Approvals. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of landmark projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Essential skills that you will require for this role are:
- A University Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
- Be proficient in AutoCAD + working knowledge of Drains, 12D or Civil 3D.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate well with senior management, authorities, and clients;
- A sound understanding of local ACT Standards and Australian standards
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude; a problem solver
- A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with Canberra Authorities and TCCS.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Produces designs, drawings, specifications, reports and other documentation to meet client requirements for projects under the guidance of senior staff;
- Liaise and coordinates with builders, developers, authorities, architects, structural engineers;
- Manage quality and produce documentation in accordance with company standards
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving Civil team, as well as attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail and be able to work autonomously, as well as being a proactive team player.
Please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be ideal for this role to: [email protected]
TTW is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Only applicants who are Australian citizens / permanent residents will be considered for this role.