Civil Design Drafter, Canberra
Taylor Thomson Whitting is a wholly owned Australian company providing Consulting Engineering services within Australia and Asia and has been at the forefront of engineering technology since 1958. TTW’s four offices provide clients with a wide range of specialised services in Structural, Civil, Facade and Traffic Engineering. Our philosophy of providing innovation and ingenuity, with a client orientated hands-on approach that has not changed since the company’s inception.
What we need from you:
We are currently looking for an experienced Civil Design Drafter with a good understanding of Civil 3D to join our Canberra team. Your experience should include all facets of civil drafting including site grading, storm water, pavements and authority submissions. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of landmark projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Essential skills that you will require for this role are:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
- Hands on experience with Civil 3D and/or 12D, Autocad and Australian standards;
- Proficiency in 3D modelling for site and road grading;
- Good communication skills both verbally and via email;
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude;
- A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure delivery of multiple projects simultaneously Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with Canberra Authorities and TaMS.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Design drafting for small and large projects autonomously;
- Liaise with engineers and architects on the preparation and coordination of documentation;
- Competently convey civil information into drawing format which can be interpreted by builders;
- Communicate relevant project information as appropriate to project leaders / project team;
- Manage quality and produce documentation in accordance with company standards
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving Civil team, as well as attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail and be able to work autonomously, as well as being a proactive team player.
Please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be ideal for this role to: [email protected]
TTW is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Only applicants who are Australian citizens / permanent residents will be considered for this role.