Due to ongoing and upcoming projects and growth in our Canberra office, an exciting opportunity exists for structural engineers from Senior to Associate Director level. We are looking for engineers with 5 to 12 years’ experience. You should have hands-on experience in designing and managing medium-sized building projects in the Australian market. These positions offer exposure to a wide variety of projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A University Degree in Civil Engineering specialising in Structures;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
- Experience in management of medium to large scale projects, including duties such as pricing, tenders submissions, technical documentation (including schematic design), project scheduling and monitoring progress, resourcing, meeting deadlines and budgets;
- The ability to lead and manage a team, guide and mentor less senior staff members
- Good technical knowledge of Australian Standards;
- Extensive experience using Space Gass, RAPT, ETABS and RAM Concept or similar programs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate well with senior management, consultants and clients;
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude; a problem solver;
- A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical and management skills, and
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Produce structural design and manage documentation with limited supervision by senior staff;
- Liaise and coordinate with project managers, architects and other external consultants.
- Contribute to the management of the structural group
The roles would suit someone who can come in and hit the ground running working within a motivated and busy team. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail, whilst being a proactive team player focused on developing your career.
TTW have been shaping the built environment throughout Australia and South East Asia in Structural, Civil, Traffic and Façade Engineering for over 60 years. These positions provide an excellent opportunity to be a part of an established and expanding consultancy, as well as an attractive salary and benefits, for the right candidate.
In return TTW offers:
- Training and development programs
- Comprehensive social calendar – drinks nights, BBQs, external team events
- Subsidised holiday accommodation rental
- Employee Assistance Program
Taylor Thomson Whitting (TTW) is an Equal Opportunities Employer and are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across TTW. Only applicants who are Australian citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this role.