For the right candidate this is an amazing opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading professional engineering firms in an environment which encourages collaboration, communication, and innovation.
We are looking for a Technical Director (Civil) to join our team in the North Sydney office. The Technical Director plays an important role in leading the quality and technical excellence of the relevant Division. The role is accountable for ensuring that TTW realises it's goals relating to engineering excellence and expertise, across all offices.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Identify, strategies and systems that will provide engineering excellence to the TTW Group
- Review progress against the strategic plan and identify and recommend necessary changes in relation to engineering matters
- Have outstanding technical expertise in engineering design, and understanding of the impacts on delivery of projects of all sizes
- Where relevant, assist to develop and maintain Clients relationships
- Develop and deliver training for staff in the use of advanced methods in design and construction
- Review engineering designs with relevant engineering principles and requirements
- Act as the chief representative of TTW with Industry Associations and other external parties
- Develop and implement advanced policies and procedures for engineering excellence, that facilitate compliance with relevant legislation and professional standards
- Contribute to the development and delivery of civil engineering technical, quality and review systems and templates - training for staff in the use of advanced methods of design.
- Review engineering designs for compliance and quality in accordance with relevant engineering principles and requirements
- Lead and manage staff by modelling and driving a positive, culture, effectively mentor, develop and grow staff and teams
- Guide effective cooperation between staff and other departments in the organisation in relation to technical matters
- Manage staff performance within your team and drive action where staff performance does not meet expectations.
- Tertiary qualified in engineering, ideally with post graduate qualification in engineering
- MIEAust, CPEng, NER
- Previous experience as a technical leader or at least 12 years’ experience in a technical engineering role in a large-scale professional engineering design firm
- Strong experience in Risk Management in a design engineering environment
- Thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements relating to your discipline
- Ability to lead, grow and mentor teams and staff.
TTW employs over 350 staff across six offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for over 65 years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence. TTW’s vision is to forge strong relationships with our clients through the delivery of smart, innovative and efficient engineering solutions.
Collaboration | Technical Excellence | A Personal Approach | Taking Initiative
One TTW is our ethos, which encapsulates all the experienced, innovative and creative people that makes us who we are. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a company that cares about YOU.
- Enjoy our recently refurbished modern office in a convenient location, including state of the art end of trip facilities
- Real career development opportunities
- A flexible work environment
- Ongoing training and development including paid study assistance
- Company paid parental leave
- A great social calendar
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
TTW does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.
Applicants much have full Australian working rights to be considered for this role.
Please note, TTW will never ask a candidate for any form of direct payment and all email correspondences from a TTW staff member will be sent from the official TTW domain i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click this link to go through to our job portal.