If you have mass timber design experience, thrive on finding solutions to everyday challenges, are client focussed and are keen to develop your career, then this role is for you!
For the right candidate, this is an amazing opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading professional engineering firms with the largest portfolio of mass timber projects, in an environment that encourages collaboration, communication and innovation.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate professional Senior Structural Engineer with mass timber experience to join our growing specialist timber team in our Sydney office to help deliver a number of upcoming landmark projects. The specialist timber team has a focus on the design and delivery of timber projects within the company but also continues to deliver the steel and concrete components of these projects as well.
This role provides an exciting and challenging opportunity to enjoy exposure to a number of iconic and award-winning projects for a role in a team focusing on mass timber structures in both the public and private sectors. Our passion for sustainability has also led us to embrace mass timber as an alternative approach to construction. TTW has the largest portfolio of mass timber projects within Australia, including the landmark 39-storey Atlassian Headquarters in Sydney, with the pipeline of projects for 2022 and beyond looking very strong.
For further information on TTW’s portfolio of timber projects click here.
As part of a highly skilled team, you will use your technical expertise, building experience, creativity, and initiative to deliver smart, innovative and efficient engineering solutions to our clients.
Using your excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you will also proactively develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients to support our continually expanding consultancy.
Ideally, you will be a degree qualified senior engineering professional with 6-8 years of experience you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an eye for detail and a passion for problem-solving. You should have hands-on experience designing and managing medium-sized projects in the Australian market, and the ability to run and manage projects autonomously with guidance from senior management. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Main skills required:
- An Australian tertiary engineering qualification;
- 6-8 years local experience in structural engineering design specialising in mass timber structures;
- Membership with Engineers Australia, with CPEng / NER registration desirable;
- Experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
- Demonstrated experience in commercial, residential, government and/or public buildings and retail;
- Demonstrated experience in mass timber, traditional timber, pre-stressed concrete, steel design and reinforced concrete;
- Knowledge and understanding of Australian regulatory requirements;
- An understanding of the design and certification of mass timber projects using Eurocodes is desirable;
- Ability to lead and manage a small team;
- Ability to train and assist juniors in their development;
- Demonstrated project management skills to deliver on time, on budget, and to client requirements;
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to advance own career including remaining up to date with advancements in structural engineering methodologies;
- A can-do attitude and problem solver;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well with senior management, clients and relevant authorities and build rapport and relationships;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The ability to multi-task and work within a motivated and busy team;
- The initiative to self-start and take control
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in ETABS, RAM Concept, Spacegass, RFEM, and RAPT or similar programs (or the desire to learn!)
TTW employs over 275 staff across four offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for over 60 years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence. TTW’s vision is to forge strong relationships with our clients through the delivery of smart, innovative and efficient engineering solutions.
Most importantly our success relies on the intelligence and creativity of our people, and we support a culture that empowers our teams to deliver new, fresh ideas that build commercial growth.
- Technical Excellence
- A Personal Approach
- Taking Initiative
One TTW is our ethos, which encapsulates all the experienced, innovative and creative people that makes us who we are. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a company that cares about YOU.
- Enjoy our recently refurbished modern office in a convenient location
- Competitive salary package
- Real career development opportunities
- A flexible work environment
- Ongoing training and development including paid study assistance
- Company-paid parental leave
- A robust social calendar including discounted exercise programs
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
TTW does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.
Only applicants who are Australian citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this role.
Learn more about us here.
To apply for this role, please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be ideal for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.