For the right candidate this is an amazing opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading professional engineering firms in an environment which encourages collaboration, communication and innovation.
Due to exciting growth in the newly created Civil team in Brisbane, we are looking for a Civil Flood Modeller.
We are seeking a qualified professional with a great work ethic. Candidates with a focus on quality, detail and accuracy looking for a stable, rewarding career will be suited for this role. This position will focus on planning and conduct engineering projects of a complex nature to meet client requirements.
Your role will include:
- Complete hydrological and flood modelling assessments,
- Prepare flood modelling inputs to flood mapping
- Undertake spatial analysis to support data analysis.
- Devise and implement new approaches to complex engineering problems,
- Contribute to project planning and meeting project deadlines and within budget,
- Work with drafters to plan and manage documentation of design work,
- Ensure compliance with applicable Codes and policies– e.g. WHS practices and Quality Assurance
- Produce designs, documentation, specifications, fee proposals, reports, and other documentation to meet client requirements for projects of reasonable complexity under the guidance of senior staff
- Liaise and coordinate with external key stakeholders on design issues
- Ensure compliance with applicable Codes and policies,
- Plan and manage resources for small projects or sections of larger projects.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in hydraulic modelling or hydrological analysis,
- An Australian tertiary engineering qualification or equivalent.
- Understanding of BCA and relevant Australian Standards
- Good understanding of TUFLOW and other relevant flood analysis and stormwater design, software including QGIS, DRAINS, Rafts, WBNM, RORB, URBS and MUSIC
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive attitude & problem solving/analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills.
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and continually expanding consultancy, as well as an attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate.
TTW employs over 350+ staff across six offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for over 65 years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence. TTW’s vision is to forge strong relationships with our clients through the delivery of smart, innovative and efficient engineering solutions.
Collaboration | Technical Excellence | A Personal Approach | Taking Initiative
One TTW is our ethos, which encapsulates all the experienced, innovative and creative people that makes us who we are. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a company that cares about YOU.
- Enjoy our recently refurbished modern office in a convenient location
- Real career development opportunities
- A flexible work environment including working from home
- Ongoing training and development including paid study assistance
- Company paid parental leave
- A robust social calendar
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
TTW does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.
Applicants much have full Australian working rights to be considered for this role.
Please note, TTW will never ask a candidate for any form of direct payment and all email correspondences from a TTW staff member will be sent from the official TTW domain i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To apply please click this link to go through to our job portal.