For the right candidate this is an amazing opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading professional engineering firms in an environment which encourages collaboration, communication, and innovation.
We are looking for a Civil Drafting Manager to join our team in the North Sydney office.
Your Main Responsibilities
Responsible for the management and training of civil drafting resources, management and preparation of engineering documentation on Civil projects.
- Manage drafting on large projects autonomously and lead junior drafters within the drafting team.
- Manage small projects autonomously with designer and engineering support
- Liaise with designers, engineers and external consultants on the preparation and coordination of documentation.
- Competently convey civil design information into drawing format which can be interpreted by the external design team, approval authorities and contractors
- Assist the Lead Engineer or designer in the preparation of preliminary sketch designs from concept sketches.
- Act as the first point of contact on projects and answer queries from others within the project team
- Attend external meetings if required in the context of coordination and documentation
- Provide training and assistance to junior drafters including technical support of TTW Standards, AutoCAD, Civil3d/12D, Vehicle Tracking swept path analysis and other relevant software
- Actively input ideas for the progressive improvement of the TTW civil drafting system to the Drafting Systems Manager
- Understand, assess, and initiate suitable solutions to problems in a project context
- Communicate relevant project information to the project leaders and project team
- Effectively manage drafting workflow and resourcing to ensure work is completed within agreed timeframes to suit project budgets
- Review work of other drafters including drawings and transmittals, to ensure compliance with the brief, relevant standards and Quality Assurance procedures
- Identification and communication of scope changes and potential variations to managers
- Identification and management of staff under performance in conjunction with managers.
- At least 10 years’ experience in drafting
- Minimum 5 years local experience
- Strong understanding and competent user of AutoCAD/Civil3D/12-D and Vehicle Tracking swept path analysis
- General understanding of relevant Authority and Australian Standards
- Ability to lead and supervise a team of Civil Drafters
TTW employs over 350 staff across six offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for over 65 years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence. TTW’s vision is to forge strong relationships with our clients through the delivery of smart, innovative, and efficient engineering solutions.
Collaboration | Technical Excellence | A Personal Approach | Taking Initiative
One TTW is our ethos, which encapsulates all the experienced, innovative and creative people that makes us who we are. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a company that cares about YOU.
- Enjoy our recently refurbished modern office in a convenient location
- Real career development opportunities
- A flexible work environment including working from home
- Ongoing training and development including paid study assistance
- Company paid parental leave
- A robust social calendar
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
TTW does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.
Only applicants with full working rights will be considered for this role.
Please apply with your current resume & cover letter via the “apply” button.
Please note, TTW will never ask a candidate for any form of direct payment and all email correspondences from a TTW staff member will be sent from the official TTW domain i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
To apply please click this link to go through to our job portal.