We are currently looking for an experienced Civil Designer to join our Canberra team. You will have a good understanding of Civil 3D and your experience should include all facets of civil drafting including site grading, storm water, pavements and authority submissions. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of landmark projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Your Main Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Horizontal and vertical alignments for roads including intersections and roundabouts to RMS and Austroads Standards
- Stormwater networks to AS3500 and Australian Rainfall and Runoff Standards
- Car Parks and Loading Docks to AS2890.1,2&6
- Bulk earthworks and pavement boxing models
- Design drafting for small and large projects autonomously
- Liaise with engineers and architects on the preparation and coordination of documentation
- Competently convey civil information into drawing format which can be interpreted by builders
- Communicate relevant project information as appropriate to project leaders / project team
- Manage quality and produce documentation in accordance with company standards and within budget and timeframe constraints
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes
- Hands on experience with Civil 3D and/or 12D, Autocad and Australian standards
- Proficient user of Civil 3D, and be able to create models using company standards to ensure seamless coordination with company CAD Systems
- Good communication skills both verbally and via email
- Experience in writing technical reports to support the design works
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude
- A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to ensure delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with local ACT authorities including but not limited to TCCS, EPSDD, Icon Water and Evo Energy standards will be considered an advantage, but not necessary for the right candidate
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving Civil team, as well as attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail and be able to work autonomously, as well as being a proactive team player.
TTW employs over 300 staff across four offices in Australia and Asia. We are 100% locally owned and have been consulting engineers for over 60 years.
We deliver iconic and award-winning projects across Australia and the globe that pioneer engineering excellence. TTW’s vision is to forge strong relationships with our clients through the delivery of smart, innovative and efficient engineering solutions.
Collaboration | Technical Excellence | A Personal Approach | Taking Initiative
One TTW is our ethos, which encapsulates all the experienced, innovative and creative people that makes us who we are. Through a supportive and collaborative team environment, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a company that cares about YOU.
- Enjoy our recently refurbished modern office in a convenient location
- Real career development opportunities
- Ongoing training and development including paid study assistance
- Company paid parental leave
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
TTW does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.
Only applicants who are Australian citizens / permanent residents will be considered for this role.
To apply for this role, please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be ideal for this role to email@example.com.