Upon completion Metro Grand reached its full habitable height at 240 metres above sea level, making it Sydney’s highest residential building.
Three towers; Metro View (31 storeys), Metro Spire (42 stories) and Metro Grand (46 stories) form the shimmering apartment buildings soaring above the Chatswood Transport Interchange.
Complete collaboration with design architects and the construction team was required to fulfil this complex build on top of the Chatswood railway, which remained completely operational. TTW prepared detailed finite element models and analysis of gravity, wind and earthquake loads.
The result is staggering, providing over 553 apartments, cementing Chatswood as a major commercial and residential hub in Sydney. The architectural blade feature of each tower provides a city-scale signal expressing the rail network available to residents.
- 2015 CTBUH – Urban Habitat Award Finalist
- 2015 ACSE Awards – Large Projects Commendation
- 2015 AIA – NSW – State Commendation for Urban Design
- 2015 PIA – NSW – Great Place’ Award for Planning Excellence
- 2014 ACSE Awards – Large Projects Commendation