Structural Engineer, Canberra
Taylor Thomson Whitting is a wholly owned Australian company providing Consulting Engineering services within Australia and Asia and has been at the forefront of engineering technology since 1958. Our philosophy of providing innovation and ingenuity, with a client orientated hands-on approach that has not changed since the company’s inception.
What we need from you:
We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer with 1 to 3 years’ experience to join our Canberra based team. You should have hands on experience preparing Reinforced Concrete and Structural steel design to Australian Standards. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of projects, as well as career progression opportunities.
Essential skills that you will require for this role are:
• A University Degree in Civil Engineering specialising in Structures;
• Minimum 1 year experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
• Good technical knowledge of Australian Standards
• Experience in RAM Concept, Space Gass, Revit and RAPT or similar programs desirable;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate well with senior management, consultants and clients;
• A strong work ethic and positive attitude; a problem solver;
• A keen eye for detail and motivation towards furthering your technical skills, and
• Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time to ensure delivery of multiple tasks simultaneously.
The role would suit someone who can come in and hit the ground running working within a motivated and busy team.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Produces structural design under the guidance of senior staff;
• Liaise and coordinate with project managers, architects and other external consultants.
• Carry out Site surveillance inspections
The above position provides an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving structural team, as well as attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate. You will seek out challenges, have high attention to detail, whilst being a proactive team player focused on developing your career.
Please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be ideal for this role to: [email protected]
TTW is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Only applicants who are Australian citizens / permanent residents will be considered for this role.