Heritage Structural Engineer, Sydney
Taylor Thomson Whitting is a wholly owned Australian company providing Consulting Engineering services within Australia and Asia and has been at the forefront of structural engineering technology since 1958. TTW’s offices provide clients with a wide range of specialised services in Structural, Civil, Façade and Traffic Engineering. Our philosophy of providing innovation and ingenuity, with a client orientated hands-on approach has not changed since the company’s inception.
Due to up-coming and on-going projects we have an opening for a Heritage Structural Engineer in our Sydney office. As a Heritage Structural Engineer, your role will be to provide technical expertise on a wide variety of public and private sector heritage projects. TTW offers exposure to many landmark projects and excellent career progression opportunities.
To be considered for the heritage structural engineering role at TTW you must have:
• A tertiary structural, civil or façade engineering qualification;
• Full working rights in Australia, i.e. Australian Citizenship or permanent residency;
• 2 – 6 years’ post-graduate experience in structural engineering design and problem solving, with demonstrable experience in heritage engineering;
• A passion for heritage engineering;
• An understanding of materials and materials science;
• A willingness to learn and quickly adapt to new challenges;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• An ability to draw and sketch solutions;
• Demonstrated ability to undertake condition assessments of heritage structures and to develop high quality inspection reports and repair specifications;
• Good technical knowledge of Australian Standards and the BCA;
• Experience in Microstran, STRAND 7, RAM Concept, RAPT and Revit, or similar programs, desirable.
The above position provide an excellent opportunity to join an established and continually expanding consultancy, as well as an attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate.
The roles would suit someone who can come in and hit the ground running, working within a motivated and busy team.
In return TTW offers:
Training and development programs
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible working arrangements
Comprehensive social calendar – drinks nights, BBQs, external team events etc.
Subsidised holiday accommodation rental
Taylor Thomson Whitting (TTW) is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Only applicants who are Australian citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this role.
Please email your current Résumé and cover letter to [email protected]